Changes along the water is Boston’s Seaport continue with the announcement of Cannistraro’s 50 year ground lease. The Seaport is not all office towers and luxury condo, remember there is still an active drydock at Northeast Ship Repair at 32A Drydock.
Seaport Manufacturing Facilities, courtesy of Boston Ship Repair:
· 65,000 tons displacement capability
· Length: 350.5 meters (1,150 feet)
· Breadth at the top of blocks: 38.1 meters (125 feet)
· Breadth at the top of dock: 45.4 meters (149 feet)
· 12.2 meters (40 feet)
· Up to 65 tons
· 360 degree coverage
· Steam, water, electrical service and sanitation hookups
· 40,000 square feet
Located next to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in Boston’s South End, the drydock is only seven miles from open sea with no air draft restriction.